Calibre is your one-stop solution to all your e-book needs.
Calibre is an open source program, written by Kovid Goyal, which has been designed to manage your collection of e-books. It allows you to move the e-books between different devices, convert to different formats and really is all you need to manage, download covers and descriptions of each book.
A couple of links for further information:
- Ebook Formats, DRM and You — A Guide for the Perplexed Ebook Formats, DRM and You — A Guide for the Perplexed — read this to download Calibre, download ‘tools v5.x’ and follow the steps in this post to install the non-calibre supported plug-ins – you must use the tools add-ins for you to have maximum flexibility with your ebooks. Remember to enter you Kindle ID number, without hyphens, for everything to work correctly.
- Continuing the Dark Reverser’s work — lots of very useful information.
- Apprentice Alf’s Blog — click to download must-have latest TOOLS version
- E-book conversion — List of conversion programs (both commercial and non-commercial)
- 45 Top Websites To Download Free eBooks
- Currently, Calibre cannot work with Amazon’s proprietary Topaz (.tpz) format — you must use python scripts or another program like Kindle D*M Removal.
Have fun having new freedom with your eBook collection.